Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to have 4 2016 WRX 18" OEM wheels with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 winter tires on them. Rather than selling them outright I was wondering if they would work properly on my 2019 Touring Ascent? Bolt pattern issues? Fitment issues with turning? Speedometer issues? TPM issues? -or- just forget a silly idea and just sell all four and move on with life?

Those tires have barely been used and the wheels look brand new ... I have no idea what they are worth, any clues?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,880 Posts
It's been pointed out a number of times in the Tires/Wheels area of the forum that the weight rating for wheels is very important for the Ascent as the previous poster mentions...it's far heavier than other Subarus. Don't run anything that isn't up to the minimum specifications for the vehicle.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Many WRX rims are rated about 500 pounds below what I'd suggest for the Ascent... each. That's a combined full ton under-rated (four rims, each 500 pounds below). I suggest looking for a rim that is clearly load rated, and rated at 1,850 pounds or more.

TPMS issues too. As for fitment, some may not, some may.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many WRX rims are rated about 500 pounds below what I'd suggest for the Ascent... each. That's a combined full ton under-rated (four rims, each 500 pounds below). I suggest looking for a rim that is clearly load rated, and rated at 1,850 pounds or more.

Thanks to all that responded. I will be selling the 4 wheels and tires. Any ideas what they are worth?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

OEM or aftermarket rims?

Aren’t Ascent OEM rims (eg OEM 18” or 20”) rated for like 2500lbs each?

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
OEM or aftermarket rims?

Aren’t Ascent OEM rims (eg OEM 18” or 20”) rated for like 2500lbs each?
We could never get the specs, but I would presume thy at least meet or exceed the 20" tire load rating of 1,874 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts