Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
So the MY2020 is out and I’m looking to put in my order in the next few days. If I’m lucky enough to get the vehicle by mid July, I plan to use it as my already planned summer road trip vehicle.

Do you think it’ll be a bad idea to take it on a 2000+ mile road trip with such a new car?

It’s not worried about miles I’ll be putting on the car or if it’s capable enough for long drives... that’s why I’m financing and buying this 3rd row beauty! I’m just worried about breaking in a new car with such a long drive.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I know a few people on this forum have talked about taking long trips soon after they picked up their new Accent without doing the recommended 1,000 mile break in, if that's what you are asking.

I personally was in a similar situation last Summer, I wanted to order a Limited for our winter cross country trip to California but needed to wait until the crash test results were published. It was mid September when the crash test results came out which didn't leave enough time to order, wait for delivery and get through the break in period before we left in mid December. I decided that doing a proper break in and making sure the car was ready for an 8,000 mile trip was more important than getting the perfect Accent. So I worked with my dealer to find one that was close enough to what I would have ordered and did a dealer trade at the end of September.

We left on December 15th with 1,400 miles on the odometer and drove 8,400 miles over the next 2.5 months with no trouble whatsoever. I felt pretty good about leaving after having some time with the car and knowing everything was working ok and ready to go when I left. But I am old and probably overly cautious. We travel with 2 old dogs and go through some pretty remote areas in the Southwest.

My dealer did a great job of prepping the car before i got it and I had zero issues during the break in. They also did a free pre-trip inspection right before I left.

It's a great car to travel in!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
The day after I took delivery of my previous vehicle in July 2012, I left on a 1500 mile business trip and you can bet I used the adaptive cruise, etc. No issues and I sold that vehicle at 108K miles right before taking delivery of my Ascent at the beginning of this month. I only have 600 miles on the Ascent but will be doing a 2000 mile round trip to visit my mother in central Florida in a few weeks. I'm not worried at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.