Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday when I stopped in to try a coffee cup in the drink holder, I ended up talking to the sales manager.

He checked on my order and said it probably wouldn't be early because they are having trouble getting the 20" wheels. I said I'd be happy to take delivery with 18" wheels, and he said that he'd recently talked with the zone manager about whether SOA was willing to make that a patch for this year or would wait until next year.

I made a face and said I certainly didn't want 20" wheels if this was going to be the only year that had them. After that, he just said that everyone is aware that this is a problem and that they are looking for solutions.

*sigh*

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
978 Posts
On Saturday when I stopped in to try a coffee cup in the drink holder, I ended up talking to the sales manager.

He checked on my order and said it probably wouldn't be early because they are having trouble getting the 20" wheels. I said I'd be happy to take delivery with 18" wheels, and he said that he'd recently talked with the zone manager about whether SOA was willing to make that a patch for this year or would wait until next year.

I made a face and said I certainly didn't want 20" wheels if this was going to be the only year that had them. After that, he just said that everyone is aware that this is a problem and that they are looking for solutions.

*sigh*
Most typical Subaru buyers would actually be better off with 18’s any way. It puts more tire between you and the rough stuff. There are more tire options regarding snow tires etc.

The 20in wheels are more of a city slicker thing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Most everyone i know around the city wants more rubber less wheel. The streets in the northern cities get terrible especially if your in certain economical neighborhoods. From what ive been reading around the forum it sounds like Subaru should have offered 18s standard and made 20s some optional package

·
Registered
78 Posts

*sigh*

Im confused...are they telling you the 20s are limited to the release only?

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, @Director, I got the sense from what he said that the 20" wheel (or tire) was a limiting factor. But bear in mind that this was the utterance of a sales manager who is probably not as involved in production as he is with keeping people from withdrawing orders.

Thanks, @pilot1226, I was aware that a bunch of people would prefer the 18" even if 20" weren't holding up production, but I couldn't remember the thread.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think 19 would be a better looking fit for this model...Still offers some meat, but also doesn't make it look too dated or cheap.

Reactions: ShadyT

·
Registered
141 Posts
That’s crazy! They are having problems filling orders with 20’s but yet I can pick an Ascent up off the lot that had the 20’s on them! They should be filling there customer orders first before the the ones going to dealerships.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.