Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took advantage of the Costco $70 Bridgestone + penny installation promo to get the Blizzaks Dm-V2 in size P245/50-R20 on the stock rims. Here are the pictures (near sunset), and yes they need cleaned up. Even though I live in an area that rarely sees any snow of noticeable accumulation (seattle area), I often venture to the mountains of WA and OR for skiing activities, but normal highs are in the mid 40s during this time. Blizzaks are overkill, but I figured I was stuck with the 20" wheels so why not make them my winter set.

I think they look much better than the stock tires, and they were much grippier on the drive home. I did notice a slight hum on the dry pavement as far as noise. When winter is over, I will make an attempt to wrap the wheels myself as I have some 3M vinyl wrap in a 5'x5' sheet which can easily be cut into 4 2'x2' squares.

I did keep the stock tires as they fit in my crawl space, so if anyone wants to buy them, or runs a flat and needs one, they have under 4500miles on them.

By total coincidence, my 18" wheels arrived today and will start a new thread once i can post some pics and solicit rubber suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been following your tire posts as I live on the other side of the hill from you. Never thought of making the stock 20" rims my snow set and getting some 18" blacks for my summer stuff. Seems like a better option.... Still don't have my rig yet, (12/7).

My first Subaru and pouring over the information. I will be following this thread to see how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts