Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone recommends the Wildpeaks AT anyone ever try any other brands? Mickey Thompson, Milestar Patagonias, Yokohoma Geolander, Pro Comps, BFGoodrick KOs etc. I am keeping factory rims and installing Eibach springs so hoping a 265/50/20 AT tire. Or are the wildpeaks the best balance between Highway and offroad?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,261 Posts
Or are the wildpeaks the best balance between Highway and offroad?
This has been my impression based on many comments for awhile now. AT tires are always a compromise (as are most tires) so finding the right balance for "what you do" is the key. The percentage of people who do actual off roading is relatively light so a tire like the WildPeak that has really good highway characteristics is great for anyone that may do some off-road, but still wants to be comfortable and quiet for the majority of their driving.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
12 Posts
I have had the Yokohama Geolandar on my Outback and they were quieter than the OEM tire, very surefooted in hail and massive rainstorm and felt good on softroad conditions. I am currently getting my Ascent new shoes and am picking the Geolandar again. They are also quite a bit lighter than the Wildpeak which is why I chose them in the first place.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don’t do any off roading stuff and I can’t say anything about AT tires except for the BFG on my previous Trucks. I replaced the oem falken with continental crosscontact Lx 25. I like the tire so far better than falken

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know everyone recommends the Wildpeaks AT anyone ever try any other brands? Mickey Thompson, Milestar Patagonias, Yokohoma Geolander, Pro Comps, BFGoodrick KOs etc. I am keeping factory rims and installing Eibach springs so hoping a 265/50/20 AT tire. Or are the wildpeaks the best balance between Highway and offroad?

Thanks,
Dan
I have the Nokian Outpost APT. Good enough for dirt and gravel roads And they are great in the snow. They have the Outpost AT that is more of a true all terrain tire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the Yokohama Geolander for my 2020 Ascent Touring and have really liked them. I drive lots of highway for my work commute and it hasn't impacted MPG. They are a little louder, but we like the look. We also have a 2" lift on the vehicle, and got the biggest tires we could fit - I'd have to look at them to see what size we got.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts