Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just went to 18's from the stock 20's. These have 22.5K miles on them. Still in great shape.

4 wheels only. You'll need tires and TPMS. I will try to post pictures later today hopefully.

$400/neg. Willing to drive a reasonable distance from Waterford, VA 20197 to meet buyer "halfway".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NJ isn't that far, what about meeting 1/2 way somewhere? I don't have boxes for them and don't know how much it would cost to package them up properly and ship.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, NP. Maybe meet at Chesapeake House or something like that on i95. I need to clean them up this afternoon as they are dusty. Last time they were fully clean they looked great though. I will get you pictures hopefully later today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent like an hour and half cleaning them, focusing on the visible parts. To be perfectly honest, they look very good from 6ft, from 2-3 ft, you start to notice a few blemishes. My wife thinks they look great but I was up in them cleaning them so I’m more critical. Someone walking by would just think they look pretty good. There was some kind of glue that was there from Subaru shipping plastic that they supposedly got off a while back but it was still there. I took a brass brush and got rid of it. There are some small very light marks from that that you really need to be at just the right angle and light to see and really close. Other than the small mark in the photo above which I think is from a rock or something, they are fine. That mark isn’t on the machined part, its the darker grey area that you could probably just touch up with some paint. They have 22.5 K miles on them so there is some normal wear but roll perfect and from a few feet look great. If you took some time and more polish, I’m sure they would clean up even more. At last resort, if you wanted them perfect, you could get the faces machined again. I’m willing to go a bit lower b/c they aren’t perfect. $300 and I’ll go to Chesapeake House. Let me known if you want any more pics and I can DM them to you. They are in my barn drying on a furniture pad now.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,174 Posts
That glue is a real pistol to remove. I spent about 30 minutes with Goof-Off on each wheel during my first oil change and tire rotation. I had each wheel off and put it up on a table so I could really get at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.