Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is our two week anniversary of finding and bringing home our beauty after our ordered Ascent was pushed too far back for us to wait. She had 26 miles on when we found & bought her (she had arrived at the dealership the day before). 8 days after we brought her home we headed out on a three state road trip and tomorrow, on our final leg back home and her two week anniversary with our family, she will go over 2000 miles.
This damned car is the most elegant, brilliant, comfortable, quiet vehicle I believe I have ever driven (and I’ve had a little of everything). My 12 and 15 year old son’s are comfortable in either separate rows or at least separate captain’s chairs with their USB ports. My husband is comfy in the passenger seat and I feel like a queen in the driver’s seat. My 5’10” frame can, allegedly, sit cross legged in the driver’s seat when cruising the more desolate areas of “America’s Loneliest Highway.” Up steep grades, down significant slopes, bumpy roads, paddle shifting, AVHing, ACCing, dirt roads, pouring rain- rain sensing wipers- full moon and pano moonroof, even the Harmon Kardon has won us over with the necessary adjustments. The only issue we have had is the driver’s side pillar finish piece does come loose so we will either have to put more muscle into it or, more likely, have the dealership snap it in more tightly, but other than that we are at about 24.5mpg average on this hilly, air conditioning every day running for 8 or even 10 hours some days trip and she does everything completely perfectly so far. We fit seven days worth of clothing, shoes, entertainment and snacks into the cargo space and are thanking our lucky stars for the all weather floor mats. This baby is filthy as all get out but we chose this car in hopes that it would be the road trip warrior we dreamed and it has more than delivered every moment of every day. Happy birthday, Mrs. President.... (in my best breathy Marilyn Monroe imitation):grin:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Congrats!! Glad you are loving it!

Unfortunately we've had a few of those driver's A pillar cover's come lose as well. The clip is probably cracked just a little so its not holding properly. The dealership with just get you a new cover piece with a stronger clip.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
15 Posts
Congrats! We bought ours for the same exact reasons. We had ours for two weeks and then took it on a road trip to Denver and back (we are in So Cal), about 2200 miles or so. We now have over 3000 and it has been just as you described. The perfect road trip car with plenty of room. This car has been so comfortable since the minute we got it. Everything seems laid out very well. I’m impressed with all of the small touches that they got right, such as the arm rest storage having tension so you don’t have to hold it open, nor will it fall and slam shut!

To many more road trips! Cheers!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts