Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2022 Subaru Ascent Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll,

Fauirly new to the community. 5K miles on my 2022 Ascent Premium. I LOVE this Subaru. I decided to start adding some aftermarket parts. After doing some research I purchased the 2" Grimmspeed Trails Lift Kit. I had a shop install the kit and the Ascent drove home perfectly. Later the same day, I hit a pretty small pothole and my whole dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I'll be in touch with the shop again but curious if anyone has had the same experience. Attaching a picture of my gauge cluster for reference.

I took a look at it today and I did not see any fluids leaking or anything else wrong. Seems like a sensor got messed up. I did notice my steering got pretty stiff compared to normal - still usuable. At low speed I felt a shutter while driving.
Speedometer Trip computer Tachometer Odometer Car

· Registered
119 Posts
Hey ya'll,

Fauirly new to the community. 5K miles on my 2022 Ascent Premium. I LOVE this Subaru. I decided to start adding some aftermarket parts. After doing some research I purchased the 2" Grimmspeed Trails Lift Kit. I had a shop install the kit and the Ascent drove home perfectly. Later the same day, I hit a pretty small pothole and my whole dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I'll be in touch with the shop again but curious if anyone has had the same experience. Attaching a picture of my gauge cluster for reference.

I took a look at it today and I did not see any fluids leaking or anything else wrong. Seems like a sensor got messed up. I did notice my steering got pretty stiff compared to normal - still usuable. At low speed I felt a shutter while driving.
View attachment 19714
I have had my lift for 44,000 miles and never seen all of those lights except when I did the Cobb Accessport wrong. Good luck.

· Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
1,126 Posts
There may have been a wheel speed sensor not plugged in correctly or something of that nature given where the shop was likely to be working. It wouldn't hurt to have a look and if you have a code reader see what code is showing up for the MIL to be on.

The other lights ands warnings are just Subarus way of pointing out your check engine light is on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There may have been a wheel speed sensor not plugged in correctly or something of that nature given where the shop was likely to be working. It wouldn't hurt to have a look and if you have a code reader see what code is showing up for the MIL to be on.

The other lights ands warnings are just Subarus way of pointing out your check engine light is on.
I believe you are SPOT ON. Plugged a scanner in and it mentioned the wheel sensor. Everything got connected back properly but I think during the install the sensor got messed with and it freaked out while I was driving. The steering stiffness and ABS light turned off just from a cold start and cruise around the neighborhood. The rest of the warning lights went away with the code scanner. We are GOOD!
With that said, the Grimmspeed Trails kit feels super good! Springs ride very nicely.

· Registered
2021 ascent limited ice silver
174 Posts
I believe you are SPOT ON. Plugged a scanner in and it mentioned the wheel sensor. Everything got connected back properly but I think during the install the sensor got messed with and it freaked out while I was driving. The steering stiffness and ABS light turned off just from a cold start and cruise around the neighborhood. The rest of the warning lights went away with the code scanner. We are GOOD!
With that said, the Grimmspeed Trails kit feels super good! Springs ride very nicely.
great. (y)
but pics pls.:) ideally before and after. How much is the real gain in height of the vehicle?(to top of racks) Will likely lift this year and worrying about mine low garage door .:)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update here - No issues still.....but now my wheels seemed to have transformed overnight. :alien:

JK! lol Had our buddies at Discount Tire install a set of Black Rhino Arches and Falken Wildpeak A/T3W.

Wheels Specs: 18x8.5 +30
Tire Specs: 265/60/R18
Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person
Grimmspeed 2" Lift Kit

As noted in some of the other threads, the wheels have a load capacity that will safely support the Ascent. I did have the lift installed to be able to run this setup. Lastly, the front rub EVER SO SLIGHTLY. So minor, that I haven't bothered to trim or remove any piece of the fender liner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts