Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever install lp aventure lift kit? I’m located here in souther California anyone recommend another lift kit and also an installer nearby ? Looking to add the the lift kit and some kmc wheels 708 18” with falken wildpeak a/t. Let me know your suggestions or different combination setup. Thanks. Not too much of an off reader doing this mainly for aesthetics. Love this forum and all the help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interested

Anyone ever install lp aventure lift kit? I’m located here in souther California anyone recommend another lift kit and also an installer nearby ? Looking to add the the lift kit and some kmc wheels 708 18” with falken wildpeak a/t. Let me know your suggestions or different combination setup. Thanks. Not too much of an off reader doing this mainly for aesthetics. Love this forum and all the help.

I am interested in the LP lift kit too. My only concern at this point is warranty coverage after the lift.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am interested in the LP lift kit too. My only concern at this point is warranty coverage after the lift.
That’s my issue as well. I’m waiting to see how this CVT issue some folks are having, shakes out. Having a lifted vehicle would definitely give SOA an out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That’s my issue as well. I’m waiting to see how this CVT issue some folks are having, shakes out. Having a lifted vehicle would definitely give SOA an out.
You both make a great point. I assumed it was a more legit lift kit being that two Subaru dealerships here in so cal are authorized to install them. I’ve been “hearing” hearing about this transmission cvt problem, but what’s the most recent findings today? Have these been affecting more recent models that have been released. Keep me in the know. Much appreciated. Just ordered and paid for the tires and wheels today. Yikes.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You both make a great point. I assumed it was a more legit lift kit being that two Subaru dealerships here in so cal are authorized to install them. I’ve been “hearing” hearing about this transmission cvt problem, but what’s the most recent findings today? Have these been affecting more recent models that have been released. Keep me in the know. Much appreciated. Just ordered and paid for the tires and wheels today. Yikes.
The trans problems are build related. Not Lift. I work closely with ADF. (Anderson Design Fabrication) LP Adventures seems to have in-roads with dealer installed lifts. However, ADF is a dealer for the CVT mount inserts I make. Just about every other Subaru model/platform develops a driveline vibration due to the lift.

I have fixed countless LP Adventures customers cars...Outbacks, Foresters and Crosstreks with the insert after lift.

However, neither the lift or the insert affect the build issue with the CVTs you have read about here.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trans problems are build related. Not Lift. I work closely with ADF. (Anderson Design Fabrication) LP Adventures seems to have in-roads with dealer installed lifts. However, ADF is a dealer for the CVT mount inserts I make. Just about every other Subaru model/platform develops a driveline vibration due to the lift.

I have fixed countless LP Adventures customers cars...Outbacks, Foresters and Crosstreks with the insert after lift.

However, neither the lift or the insert affect the build issue with the CVTs you have read about here.
How does one obtain a cvt mount? Who will and can install it, I am from the Southern California area. What else is there to know about this item and who manufactures it, as in company brand, or is this something you personally have developed and are selling on the side? Please keep me informed.

·
Registered
655 Posts
How does one obtain a cvt mount? Who will and can install it, I am from the Southern California area. What else is there to know about this item and who manufactures it, as in company brand, or is this something you personally have developed and are selling on the side? Please keep me informed.
I developed the product. It's not a mount, its an insert that fills a hollow void. The manufacturer is me, CKE SSP is brand. I sell them direct, on Ebay and ADF is a dealer for me. I am working on my own webspace.

Rallitek makes similar inserts for the 4 & 5EAT. However, I am the only one who makes inserts for the CVT equipped cars.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Alan what are the pros and cons of the lift. Is there anything you would do differently. Are you saying you don’t feel any vibration at all with the lift. Thank you in advance.
Keep in mind, the "vibration/wobble" felt in other models is specifically at 15-20mph under medium to hard throttle. After the OEM mount starts to break in on some of these cars, he"wobble" might start to rear it's head. Although, there have been many Outback owners who lift their brand new cars and have sought out the insert.

I will say it's a more common remedy for cars that have put some significant miles on them before the lift. I would like to hear from some who has 40K miles on their car and lifts it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the LP Adventure lift kit, bumper guard, and front skid plate installed. No issues yet but it has not been long. Drives and looks great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alan what are the pros and cons of the lift. Is there anything you would do differently. Are you saying you don’t feel any vibration at all with the lift. Thank you in advance.
I wouldn't do anything differently. I am extremely happy. The LP lift kit definitely makes the vehicle feel more planted with no floating sensation in the rear which others have complained about.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Does the LP kit have a rear subframe drop or is it just strut spacers.

BTW the reason the car feels more planted is because of the wheels and a different offset. You all still have the same springs and sway bars and bushings. the lift has nothing to do with stability. In fact I would argue you can only have more body roll without upgrading springs, sway bars or sway bar bushings. The center of gravity has been raised, it's simple physics. the only other factor besides "placebo" is the wheel package.

Lifting rule of thumb, when you go up ... you also need to go out...unless you upgrade your sway bar bushings to something stiffer you have more body roll, but with a wider track and more rubber ... it feels more stable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
traildogck,

Would you recommend I install your product sooner rather than later? I'm only at 2100 miles. (Not sure I have the tools or talent necessary to perform the install so I'll have to find someone local to do it for me.)

·
Registered
655 Posts
traildogck,

Would you recommend I install your product sooner rather than later? I'm only at 2100 miles. (Not sure I have the tools or talent necessary to perform the install so I'll have to find someone local to do it for me.)
I wouldn't recommend it necessarily AT ALL (the CVT insert) unless the symptoms show themselves. Even though this "wobble" affects Outbacks, Foresters and Crosstreks. It very well might not affect Ascents in the same way. It's important to know if the Ascent lifts have a rear subframe drop. Usually if the rear subframe location stays the same and the lift is achieved by strut spacers only, I would NOT expect "wobble" in a new car.

After the CV axles get worn in and the mount gets 30K miles on it, then if it gets lifted ... you might. But this would be cause the CV axles changed and angles and will transfer vibration to a mount that has softened up.

I certainly am not trying to invent a problem. Far from it. I am trying to source information. I have had 2 of my customers take their inserts out. They bought the inserts with the lift, in preparation of having the "wobble". They didn't. One was a simple strut spacer lift. The other was a Subtle Solutions lift with all kinds of drops and correction.

I think any of the lifted rigs are going to benefit from the sway bar bushings. A lifted car and bigger tires will start to destroy the stock rubber.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I appreciate your candor and straightforward answer. You could have easily said, "Yes, you need my product!" just to make a sale. It tells me all I need to know about you as a person and your business ethics. Kudos to you, sir!

I will keep a careful eye out and definitely purchase from you in the future should the need arise.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Need to know...

I appreciate your candor and straightforward answer. You could have easily said, "Yes, you need my product!" just to make a sale. It tells me all I need to know about you as a person and your business ethics. Kudos to you, sir!

I will keep a careful eye out and definitely purchase from you in the future should the need arise.
Here's some more to know about Chris as a person. Back in December, I was working on raising money for Make-A-Wish for the 48hrs of Tristate Subaru Enthusiasts Charity Drive. We got a very late start because Make-A-Wish was upgrading their platform, so, it was going to be a tough year.

Chris offered to donate every dollar of profit from all of his sales from the forum, right to the date of the charity drive. And then he plugged that publicly in these groups, and begged people to also donate on their own. Repeatedly. I can confirm that donation after donation came in from him, whether people posted publicly in this forum or not about their purchase. And then he kept on for a few more weeks, since we kept the donations open (tough year, so, we tried squeezing in a couple more weeks).

So, add that to "all (you) need to know". :tango_face_wink:

That's the kind of person he is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
traildogck,

I wouldn't recommend it necessarily AT ALL (the CVT insert) unless the symptoms show themselves. Even though this "wobble" affects Outbacks, Foresters and Crosstreks. It very well might not affect Ascents in the same way. It's important to know if the Ascent lifts have a rear subframe drop. Usually if the rear subframe location stays the same and the lift is achieved by strut spacers only, I would NOT expect "wobble" in a new car.

After the CV axles get worn in and the mount gets 30K miles on it, then if it gets lifted ... you might. But this would be cause the CV axles changed and angles and will transfer vibration to a mount that has softened up.

I certainly am not trying to invent a problem. Far from it. I am trying to source information. I have had 2 of my customers take their inserts out. They bought the inserts with the lift, in preparation of having the "wobble". They didn't. One was a simple strut spacer lift. The other was a Subtle Solutions lift with all kinds of drops and correction.

I think any of the lifted rigs are going to benefit from the sway bar bushings. A lifted car and bigger tires will start to destroy the stock rubber.
Thank you for your honesty and in depth information. You have educated many of us and it’s much appreciated.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here's some more to know about Chris as a person. Back in December, I was working on raising money for Make-A-Wish for the 48hrs of Tristate Subaru Enthusiasts Charity Drive. We got a very late start because Make-A-Wish was upgrading their platform, so, it was going to be a tough year.

Chris offered to donate every dollar of profit from all of his sales from the forum, right to the date of the charity drive. And then he plugged that publicly in these groups, and begged people to also donate on their own. Repeatedly. I can confirm that donation after donation came in from him, whether people posted publicly in this forum or not about their purchase. And then he kept on for a few more weeks, since we kept the donations open (tough year, so, we tried squeezing in a couple more weeks).

So, add that to "all (you) need to know". :tango_face_wink:

That's the kind of person he is.
:clap:

Thank you very much for the kind words. I don't have the resources to do what I would like to do. But I do have this hobby. I get play in art class, fabricate and wrench in my garage and draft out prototypes on my Surface Pro. What I can do is donate the proceeds I would have taken home, and donate in drips and drabs.

:rockon:

I didn't get into this for $. Far from it. I made my own 5EAT insert within 3 months of owning my 2006 Outback XT (used) to quell an annoying in-gear vibration when stopped at lights and such. That was march 2013. I traded my 5EAT inserts for cool swag and sometimes just gave them away. Certainly to everyone in the XRT tuning group with a 4 or 5EAT. One of those guys challenged me to make a performance front sway bar bushing for his 2010 LGT sedan. That was October 2017. It took me a month of before I perfected my process. Now 18 months later I make sway bar bushings for d*mn near every Subaru model made since 2005. I also make transmission inserts for every automatic equipped Subaru since 1992.

:thumbsup:

There still isn't any money in it. All of my products are literally handmade, and hand QC'd. They don't look machine made. they look the grassroots-organic product they are. Hopefully by the end of the second year, I get out of the black.

At the moment, it sure is a fun. It's been a creative explosion for me personally.

I'm just trying to make Subarus, better Subarus. I guess that's the kind of guy I am.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts