Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2019 Ascent Premium 7 seater today. Very excited. 53k miles and very clean. Loving vehicle so far except poor halogen headlights. I have already ordered LED replacements.
Got a smoking deal on vehicle where I work and purchased a 5yr/125k bumper to bumper warranty to go with it.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Just picked up a 2019 Ascent Premium 7 seater today. Very excited. 53k miles and very clean. Loving vehicle so far except poor halogen headlights. I have already ordered LED replacements.
Got a smoking deal on vehicle where I work and purchased a 5yr/125k bumper to bumper warranty to go with it.
Who is the warranty with? Doesn't sound like a Subaru Gold Plus which can stil be bought with that mileage but it will cost you $$$. I would be very very suspect with any warranty backed by anyone other than Subaru. Fine print and record keeping is critical. Does it start from zero mileage or from your date of purchase? Most third party warranties do not cover pre existing conditions. How do you prove something was not involved with a pre existing condition? Very difficult. if you do have second thoughts on the warranty, you can get a full refund for the price you paid for it.

Check VIN if you have not done so already to make sure all recalls and service bulletins were completed.

If you are replacing the halogens for road use with LED they will be illegal so be forewarned. Are LED Car Bulbs Road Legal? | LED Upgrades | PowerBulbs US

Check your maintenance schedule.

Hopefully your ownership will be trouble free.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Warranty is through Premium Plus. I’m not worried about it at all. I work for a fleet management company and we have a used car dealership along with 7 new car dealerships (Honda, Kia, Hyundai and Genesis). I purchased it through work and the vehicle at our cost. My company would never allow me or our customers to be hosed on an aftermarket warranty. Saved $1500 in the extended warranty. It is from current mileage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. $22,800 + $1932 for 5yr/125k bumper to bumper warranty. It’s Premier Dealers Services.
Ascent has no open recalls. Has completed recalls for fuel pump, cvt and ecm reprogram.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Thanks. $22,800 + $1932 for 5yr/125k bumper to bumper warranty. It’s Premier Dealers Services.
Ascent has no open recalls. Has completed recalls for fuel pump, cvt and ecm reprogram.
A Google search on that warranty indicates angry warranty customers as I expected. Way too many links to post.. also complaints and lawsuits about their marketing calls. Maybe you will have better luck given your employment, but this is not a company I would recommend. Actually you have a service contract not a warraty. The gold plus is also a service contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Google search on that warranty indicates angry warranty customers as I expected. Way too many links to post.. also complaints and lawsuits about their marketing calls. Maybe you will have better luck given your employment, but this is not a company I would recommend. Actually you have a service contract not a warraty. The gold plus is also a service contract.
Almost every new car dealership I know offers products through Premier Dealer Services. I'm sure I'll be fine but understand your concern. If fuel pump and cvt recalls, would rather have the piece of mind.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
If fuel pump and cvt recalls, would rather have the piece of mind.
recalls are not time limited and fall outside the warranty obligations. Those items as well as any recall item would be taken care of regardless of how long you owned the vehicle with or without any additional service contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand that. I’ve worked in the car industry a long time and worked for a major Automaker as a field sales rep 😊

1 - 14 of 14 Posts