Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for the add! Been a fan of Subaru's for many years, and had been thinking about getting a 2021 Crosstrek for my daily commute and some weekend fun. But deciced to trade in the family Escape for an Ascent, and couldn't be happier. Have only had it for a couple days, but already planning a weekedn trip to Rainbow Basin to test the AWD (although it should not be much of a trial :p).

Looking forward to learning more from the car and the Subbie family.

Cheers,
Carlos

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forums! I think you'll enjoy Rainbow Basin - I was considering it for one of my road trips, but it was too far off route.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
At this exact moment, I am on Long Island, in NY. Next up with be southern New Jersey in the Pine Barrens, then Central and Western and Northern New York for the Make-A-Wish charity drive (link) my friends and I put on every year (it's our 20th anniversary).

After that, in February, I plan on the Silver Lakes Sand Dunes, hoping to be the first Ascent to tackle it. March and April will be local stuff, and then, in May, I will be hitting Colorado, Moab Utah, Valley of the Gods, Grand Staircase, and a bunch of other places in the midwest. IF things go according to plan, it will be two Ascents (both magnetite grey metallic), and a Forester - and maybe a surprise vehicle driven by a friend of mine from the Camden area - and we have about a thousand miles of overlanding and off-roading planned.

Then a little break of eastern seaboard stuff until November, when I hope to visit Big Bend National Park in Texas.

2021, if plans work out, will have me doing a trip to Alaska via the Pacific Northwest.

In total, in the next 12 months, I have about 30,000 miles of road trips planned, with a few thousand of those miles being off roading and overlanding off road. :)

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
I almost got a rooftop tent, but then found the Gazelle T4, which I fell in love with. It makes overlanding with a base camp so much easier, because I don't have to repack everything.

·
Registered
932 Posts
@Robert.Mauro - Valley of the Gods looks amazing. There are lots of photos on the 2020 Outback thread and I am drooling. Some of the photos are the night sky look too amazing to be real, all I see are the brightest ones thanks to the NYC skyline and glow.

Have a safe trip. I am selecting Make a Wish for my Share the Love charity for my Outback order!

@Crey23 - Welcome. Subaru has the best community around! Enjoy your Subaru, and maintain your vehicle on time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts