Subaru Ascent Forum banner
61 - 80 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife complained about the front cup holders, not holder her Starbucks/Wawa coffee cups securely and how she has to hold the cup when making a turn so...
I designed inserts that can be inserted and removed easily. G/V note Grande, Venti cup size.
Updated with some pics in the car

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pat,

That's a good question, my Premium does not have that option.
But from a design standpoint, I designed it to fit snug so most likely.

Send me an email and I will send you one for you to test. Could use others feedback.

Mark

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I added a few pics with them in the car, yes the black looks good.
Would be happy to print some for you.

Mark
Please let me know how much for a pair. I'd like to photog them in the Touring.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd love a pair of venti and grande inserts too! Happy to pay. Just got my Ascent Touring 2 weeks ago and hate the console cup holders! More than happy to support your creation! (as are most of these readers...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
All,

I will review the discussion tonight and work on getting a few samples printed and sent out for feedback.
I will be looking for feedback on some design ideas I have.
---------------------------

First thanks for your interest, it was not my intent to sell or make more than for my own needs but if a few people are interested I would be happy to print a few more. Would only be looking to cover supplies so not sure what the cost would be at this time, but it would not be a lot. See that's why I'm not rich.... (will pick a few names, based on their interest in testing)

But I would first prefer to send a few samples for some of you to tests, confirm it works as expected, ask you provide any suggestions and then see about printing some for sale if still interested.
I also provided the 3D printable .stl files in one of my replies, based on his request, so if anyone else wants to print current design, they are then welcome.

A few thoughts on possible design changes,

- Make it more universal, one base with a larger round opening and have inserts for different sizes for more secure cup fit if needed.
- The current design, as stated before was for my wife with paper Starbucks (or my Wawa) cups with Insulated Sleeves, so the height was set by that need.
- Should the hight be increased to better support taller sizes?

I know all this for a cup holder, uggg :)

Mark

·
Registered
526 Posts
All,

I will review the discussion tonight and work on getting a few samples printed and sent out for feedback.
I will be looking for feedback on some design ideas I have.

Thanks
Mark

That sounds great! Willing to help test out the designs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Pat,

That's a good question, my Premium does not have that option.
But from a design standpoint, I designed it to fit snug so most likely.

Send me an email and I will send you one for you to test. Could use others feedback.

Mark
Hi Mark, great to see you have a new model printer. Would you mind to share print files ( .STL ) ? Thank you

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well done!

If you design one for a 40oz hydro flask I’m send ya some funds or rapidly clean off my workbench so I can have a spot to buy a printer

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd absolutely be interested in testing one Mark.

Side note, how do you like your printer? I've been kicking around the idea of getting one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Prusa i3 Mk3 is a great printer, if you are thinking of one, go for the kit, you learn a lot building your own.
Had fun setting up a workspace for 3D design /printing.

As for the insert, I will let everyone know when ready to sell a few, if still interested.
I'll be sending a few out this weekend for feedback.

Mark

Attachments

61 - 80 of 152 Posts