Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 19 **** cup holders... NOT 1 can hold my Hydroflask. Whats up with that Subaru?

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and assume 32oz or greater. I can get a 32oz in my Tacoma, but only in the front and it still doesn't hold it that well.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The small hydroflask is 2.87" in diameter and is a straight wall design. It does not taper down at the bottom like my Big Gulp (7-Eleven) or Polar Pop (Circle K). REI sells them and they are the perfect fit for Subaru owners (fits the stereotype - outdoor, energetic, active). Most of those 19 cup holders are designed for sealed water bottles.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, my tundra and 4 runner have no problem with my 40oz bottles. The new Highlanders can also accomodate for the large bottles.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I haven't noticed any cup holders except the two up front and side doors.. the rest is going to be storage for stuff. LOL Doesn't matter right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can’t fit my Subaru Kleen Kanteen in the “cup/bottle holder” in the doors. Makes me sad that Subaru would give me a water bottle that won’t fit in cup holders. I also find the main cup holders in the center consul are very wide and my bottles are a bit tipsy. We need inserts made for the cup holders.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can’t fit my Subaru Kleen Kanteen in the “cup/bottle holder” in the doors. Makes me sad that Subaru would give me a water bottle that won’t fit in cup holders. I also find the main cup holders in the center consul are very wide and my bottles are a bit tipsy. We need inserts made for the cup holders.

Yes, this is one of the things I don't like about the Ascent. I already have spilled coffee because it was tipsy and splashed out of the top. We do need inserts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are a lot of things to like about the Ascent, but the cupholders are a pretty big fail. Given how they hyped the "19 cupholders", I'm surprised to see such poor engineering....If anyone finds a way to make them work (or a cup that works) I'm interested...

·
Registered
597 Posts
I use this one and it fits pretty well Contigo 24Oz Autoseal

I do agree they could stand to be another half inch deeper in the front. It seems most are meant for disposable plastic bottles.

Granted I was spoiled with my Xterra front cup holders. They had plastic inserts that were on the small side but you could pop them out and fit near anything in them. Granted those were essentially the only two cup holders that worked well in the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree that inserts are needed for the front. Any normal size bottle, coffee cup, etc flops, tips and easily spills. Not a highlight for sure.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
My cupholder solution

They had plastic inserts that were on the small side but you could pop them out and fit near anything in them. Granted those were essentially the only two cup holders that worked well in the car.
Agree that inserts are needed for the front. Any normal size bottle, coffee cup, etc flops, tips and easily spills. Not a highlight for sure.
I couldn't find ones that were short enough, and didn't feel like cutting one up - or covering the neat blue lighting inside mine.

Here's the solution I came up with which, with one exception, works well. The exception is I think they detailed the plastic surfaces, so, the 3M adhesive backing doesn't stick well to it. So, a little surface prep is needed.

https://www.facebook.com/SubaruAmbassadorRobert/videos/2117775158263498/

·
Registered
192 Posts
Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
btw, baby bottles and sippy cups are not 32 ounce.. lol, personally, i hate cars that have extra large cup holders then it doesn't work with smaller 24oz cups.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I couldn't find ones that were short enough, and didn't feel like cutting one up - or covering the neat blue lighting inside mine.

Here's the solution I came up with which, with one exception, works well. The exception is I think they detailed the plastic surfaces, so, the 3M adhesive backing doesn't stick well to it. So, a little surface prep is needed.

https://www.facebook.com/SubaruAmbassadorRobert/videos/2117775158263498/
Thinking the fix for the cupholders will be an OEM part similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Holder-inser...rd_wg=A81Id&psc=1&refRID=PAHXXB3ZTKAHTEY7WSWN

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
@Robert.Mauro i think you'll end up being the official tester for MANY things to come ! Keep it up!

1 - 20 of 152 Posts