Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’ve had a Subaru Ascent 2020 Touring now for a couple years here in Winter-peg (Winnipeg MB). We get a fair amount of snow and cold, but never looked into winter tires before. Now that I have to commute to work a few times a week I’ve started looking for a set.
I was offered this set of steel wheels and wondering if they would fit. They came off a 2019 Subaru Outback. Specs seems to line up, bolt pattern, load rating, not as wide as the OEM 18” wheels. Centre bore should line up (or will get a hub ring) and offset I assume is fine since it was on an Outback (+55 same as Ascent).

Seller offered them for $100 cdn. Worth a try?

thanks
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Liquid Fluid Glass bottle Drink Gas

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts
There was one obscure set of steel wheels that fit the Ascent, and it's no longer easily available it seems. Every other one tested failed to clear the front calipers.

So, my bet is they won't fit.

Also, either the hub bore or the offset is very wrong (71.5)
  • Hub bore should be 56mm.
  • Offset should be 55mm inset.
That alone would make me skip them.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
671 Posts
There was one obscure set of steel wheels that fit the Ascent, and it's no longer easily available it seems. Every other one tested failed to clear the front calipers.

So, my bet is they won't fit.

Also, either the hub bore or the offset is very wrong (71.5)
  • Hub bore should be 56mm.
  • Offset should be 55mm inset.
That alone would make me skip them.
I believe Tribeca wheels will also work. Proper offset, load rating, etc. But scarce as well. I went with a set of mint condition Ascent Premium 18s, guaranteed to work and they come up on Facebook Marketplace pretty regularly. I paid $200 for the set. I've seen pix of them powder coated black, and they look good, but I'm happy with the bright finish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts