Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can search this forum as there are several wheel threads. But no 16” will fit - in fact only a select few 17” will clear the calipers.
personally I have my eye on a set of 17” method MR502s when I’m due for new tires. (They are one of the ones that will fit)

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Yep, like @SubieTim said, the smallest that will fit are 17". Out of over two dozen we tried or reviewed specs for, only 3 were sufficiently load rated, and cleared the big front calipers of the Ascent.

• Liquid Metal Shadows
  • Method MR502 that Tim mentioned
  • TSW Sebring

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Did that 2 dozen spec search include simple steel wheels (ie; Dorman, Pacer, etc)?

I've always put my snows on steel rims like that for a variety of reasons, want to continue the trend.
No 16" or 17" or 18" steelies tested fit the Ascent by either of them, or any other tested to date.

For steelies, you need 20" rims.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Wow the limitations on wheels. Thank you everyone. I guess I have to search 17”.
Big car, big calipers. ?

There's no searching to do. The list is above. Someplace, we have a dozen and a half of the two plus dozen we checked listed.

• 17" Three aluminum, zero steelies.
  • 18" most aluminum if they are load rated high enough, zero steelies
  • 20" any aluminum or steelies load rated high enough.
Steelies should be 56.1 center bore since you can't use hub centric rings properly on them.

If you want to test more, sure... please let me know what you test so I can update the list. You'll find it in the massive rims thread.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
I suspect TSW has a few more that may fit. But, just to give you an idea of what you are up against, my 17" rims have one of the smallest well bump outs I've seen, and here's my caliper clearance.

Hoping that you find more. Having only three known working options sucks. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So this is what I found https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/
I called Carid he said “17 inch won’t fit and 18s we’re going to fit around the caliper. Offset is 35+ because the backspace is different than Subaru’s and will fit under stocks.” 18s is were I’m at with black rhino wheels. The attached are my choices

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts