Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Does anyone know if its possible to add the 120v power outlet to the limited?

Here is the one for the Outback. Although it says it is not compatible with Base or Touring Models, vehicles with rear assist braking, or Harmon Kardon Models
https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-outback-120v-power-outlet-p-3985.html

Maybe they will eventually release this accessory for the Ascent. Hopefully it will be more compatible with vehicles with rear assist braking.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do the limited trim come with cig lighter outlet ?
There is the an outlet in the center console in the front of the car and then there is one in the rear cargo area. Other than that just the 6 USB ports

If you are looking for the actual cig lighter. That is an option to purchase H6710AL010. It goes up front in the center console

·
Registered
237 Posts
Does anyone know if its possible to add the 120v power outlet to the limited?
I believe there is the ability to do it. I think it involves ripping out the seat and other fun stuff.

I don't think they pre wired and then allowing just for the outlet to be installed in the console in the 2nd row.

If I can find the plans I will attach them

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe there is the ability to do it. I think it involves ripping out the seat and other fun stuff.

I don't think they pre wired and then allowing just for the outlet to be installed in the console in the 2nd row.

If I can find the plans I will attach them
Could you update your recent project for 120v outlet ?

·
Registered
593 Posts
My touring has USB ports all over it. I looked at the 110 outlet and my kids had their iPad charger plugged in it. Yep so far all I have used the 110 outlet for was... to use it for a usb charging port. :tango_face_surprise:nerd:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't forget that the 110 outlets in motorvehicles are amperage limited. I have a 110 outlet in my Ford F450 and all it's good for is low amperage electronics, which are mostly cell phones and Kindles/ipads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Different wiring harnesses for the ones with the 120 Outlet.

81870XC32A for everything BUT the Touring.
81870XC20A for the Touring. And then you add 86711XC00A for the Power Outlet itself.

Has anyone ordered the abov elisted parts and instaled them in the Limited?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Has anyone ordered the abov elisted parts and instaled them in the Limited?
Just checked and there's also an inverter that needs added as well.
86731XC00A

So you'd have to take the console apart to get in there - and I don't know how long the harness actually is, or where it connects to the main harness of the vehicle. It may be under the carpet somewhere.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My touring has USB ports all over it. I looked at the 110 outlet and my kids had their iPad charger plugged in it. Yep so far all I have used the 110 outlet for was... to use it for a usb charging port. :tango_face_surprise:nerd:

Right!!! My kids(daughters) were asking what that cover was for... I happily explained it was like a normal house power outlet. They got all excited... "so we could plugin a hairdryer??" No.... "how about a flatiron?" No... "Well what's the point?"

Decided to drop the crazy idea of adding it... lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts