Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,520 Posts
For tires, except for the long wait-times in our area, Costco is superb.
Hint....once your tires are in, you can either make an appointment or show up about 15 minutes before they open, be the first person through the door to get to the tire service area and take advantage of the first com, first served walk-in hour before appointments start. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hint....once your tires are in, you can either make an appointment or show up about 15 minutes before they open, be the first person through the door to get to the tire service area and take advantage of the first com, first served walk-in hour before appointments start. :)
Oh I didn't know there is a first-come-first-served hour before appointments start. I got to try that. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the Fumoto valve, remember - you are shrinking the drain hole down to 1/4" or so with this valve. Plan on the drain portion taking half an hour or more. I had put them on my Honda based on the buzz but didn't have all day to do a change of oil so I chucked mine.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,520 Posts
Oh I didn't know there is a first-come-first-served hour before appointments start. I got to try that. Thanks so much!
Check with your local Costco next time you happen to be there to insure they have the same policy. But I find that Costco is generally pretty consistent across the board on policies.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
On the Fumoto valve, remember - you are shrinking the drain hole down to 1/4" or so with this valve. Plan on the drain portion taking half an hour or more.
Just did my 3rd change with the valve installed. This 0w-20 flows pretty quick. Whole process was done in 20 minutes including driving it up on ramps and getting lunch and refilling.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts