Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought yesterday and I used 2 $500 loyalty coupons SOA gave me because I called twice and asked about the $1000 coupon I never got. But I guess they weren't suppose to do that. I had to call back because the dealer had a hard time, but they in the end allowed it. So in total I got $1000 off and used the VIP, but the dealer took more off than just VIP. Not sure if he was suppose to take the coupons since VIP certificate says you can't use them.
Nice work. I have a 500 loyalty coupon already. Can't hurt to get one for my wife and bring them both in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well to answer my own question, I like several others had no trouble using both the $1,000 coupon and the $500 loyalty coupon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK here goes club sandwich. Going to submit VIP certificate (ASPCA),and 500 loyalty coupon, and 1000 personal SOA coupon received today. Anyone stack all three of these?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,743 Posts
Your VIP letter when received will clearly indicate if it can be used with other incentives or not. There is also language on the rebate certificates that applies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a consensus on which VIP charity to support. I can go for several, ASPCA, Leave No Trace, etc. But does any one offer a better price discount at purchase? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Is there a consensus on which VIP charity to support. I can go for several, ASPCA, Leave No Trace, etc. But does any one offer a better price discount at purchase? Thanks.

The VIP program is either "at invoice" or "2% below invoice", depending on the program sponsor. ASPCA and PHS the the most often cited for the 2% option...I used the latter. Note that there can be a waiting period between when you join and when you can obtain your VIP authorization letter. That's the case with PHS unless you contribute $500. I believe that the ASPCA program requires a $500 contribution, but I've never looked at it specifically. PHS was better for me and, well...Philadelphia Flower Show tickets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
YMMV, but I had no trouble at all getting invoice or below invoice offers from several dealers before even beginning negotiations. If you are wanting to buy now, I wouldn't bother with paying money to join an organization for VIP pricing, unless you were planning on joining anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The VIP program is either "at invoice" or "2% below invoice", depending on the program sponsor. ASPCA and PHS the the most often cited for the 2% option...I used the latter. Note that there can be a waiting period between when you join and when you can obtain your VIP authorization letter. That's the case with PHS unless you contribute $500. I believe that the ASPCA program requires a $500 contribution, but I've never looked at it specifically. PHS was better for me and, well...Philadelphia Flower Show tickets.
Most dealerships I talked to came in with an initial offer of 10-11% off sticker without any additional negotiations. That is actually better than the 2% off dealer invoice in most cases.

Also, in other news, +1 for being able to stack my $1,000 off coupon with the loyalty coupon without issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most dealerships I talked to came in with an initial offer of 10-11% off sticker without any additional negotiations. That is actually better than the 2% off dealer invoice in most cases.

Also, in other news, +1 for being able to stack my $1,000 off coupon with the loyalty coupon without issue.
Absolutely right about the VIP program. I can do better w/o it given the current climate. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Aside from current conditions, geography matters...for some areas, the VIP program is the only way to get a Subaru below invoice. At this point, my dealer doesn't even bother to ask me for a VIP letter anymore after buying four vehicles from them...they just give me the 2% and accept any other rebates, dealer points from service spending, etc., that I have and we just have to agree on trade-in. I stopped haggling for every last penny a few vehicles ago because it was just so draining to do that dance and doesn't matter all that much over the 5-7 years I'm going to drive the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

New to the forum. I've seen a few posters say that Subaru sent them a $1,000 off coupon and stacked it with loyalty coupon for $1500 off. How did/do you get this $1,000 coupon?! I called SOA this morning and asked about it, the guy said maybe those people were part of some special program or something. Not very informative. He sent me the $500 loyalty coupon, but obviously I would very much like an additional grand off. Should I call again and hope a different rep is more helpful? Thanks!!
I got a $1000 coupon e-mailed to me today. I have spent considerable time on the Subaru site "building" a car, and have clicked the option to have a local dealer contact me. Also, I went through COSTCO and Consumer Reports programs having different dealers give me quote. I was surprised that all my browsing on the site must have been recorded or something because the COSTCO representative knew my contact information and seemingly what I had been looking at. Now, how do I get the $1500 coupon? :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I got a $1000 coupon e-mailed to me today. I have spent considerable time on the Subaru site "building" a car, and have clicked the option to have a local dealer contact me. Also, I went through COSTCO and Consumer Reports programs having different dealers give me quote. I was surprised that all my browsing on the site must have been recorded or something because the COSTCO representative knew my contact information and seemingly what I had been looking at. Now, how do I get the $1500 coupon? :)
Sorry, I didn't have a $1500 coupon, it was the $1,000 coupon that you got plus my $500 loyalty coupon for having a Subaru. If you already have any Subaru, just call SOA and request the loyalty coupon. They will want the VIN of your current Subaru.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone else tried to get the $750 Chase Bank coupon? I read a previous post saying that they may not be giving them out anymore. I'm thinking about buying my first Subaru but I'm trying to find any extra discount that I can get since I don't qualify for any loyalty coupons. I built the Ascent online and am waiting (hopefully) on the $1,000 coupon. I have emailed with a Subaru Sales Rep at a local dealer and he wasn't aware of any Chase coupons for any Chase members. I called Chase and the customer service woman I spoke with didn't know what I was talking about. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, folks, when I went to the Subaru website to build the Ascent, and have them email to a local dealer, I never received the $1000 coupon, which is not surprising because I was never asked to type my email address. Where did you give them your email address? Thank you!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I built it on the website and on the last page it had me enter my name and email. I then had to put in my zip code and choose a dealer to contact me. I did this a few hours ago. I haven't received the email yet but I think I did it right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone else tried to get the $750 Chase Bank coupon?
I tried but was unsuccessful. I called both Chase and SOA. I'm 99% sure that it's too late to get one, but if you have one already you can still use it.

Hey, folks, when I went to the Subaru website to build the Ascent, and have them email to a local dealer, I never received the $1000 coupon, which is not surprising because I was never asked to type my email address. Where did you give them your email address? Thank you!!
Go to Build and Price, then select the "Get a local price" button at the bottom. It will ask for your name, email, and to select a dealer. It doesn't matter which dealer you put. The coupon is good at any dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I built it on the website and on the last page it had me enter my name and email. I then had to put in my zip code and choose a dealer to contact me. I did this a few hours ago. I haven't received the email yet but I think I did it right.
Thank you but it is so strange. I went onto Subaru.com and chose Build & Price and built a Touring. Then it gave me four choices: Local Inventory, Special Offers, Apply for Financing, View Trade-in Value. Is this the same for you? There is still no place to put in my email address... I feel dumb but what did I do wrong?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried but was unsuccessful. I called both Chase and SOA. I'm 99% sure that it's too late to get one, but if you have one already you can still use it.

Go to Build and Price, then select the "Get a local price" button at the bottom. It will ask for your name, email, and to select a dealer. It doesn't matter which dealer you put. The coupon is good at any dealer.
I don't have a "Get a local price" button, only Local Inventory, Special Offers, Apply for Financing, View Trade-in Value...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you but it is so strange. I went onto Subaru.com and chose Build & Price and built a Touring. Then it gave me four choices: Local Inventory, Special Offers, Apply for Financing, View Trade-in Value. Is this the same for you? There is still no place to put in my email address... I feel dumb but what did I do wrong?
There is a static menu at the very bottom with the price, "Schedule a test drive," and "Get a local price." If it's not showing up try a different device/browser.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts