Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forum. I've seen a few posters say that Subaru sent them a $1,000 off coupon and stacked it with loyalty coupon for $1500 off. How did/do you get this $1,000 coupon?! I called SOA this morning and asked about it, the guy said maybe those people were part of some special program or something. Not very informative. He sent me the $500 loyalty coupon, but obviously I would very much like an additional grand off. Should I call again and hope a different rep is more helpful? Thanks!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no idea how i was chosen to get the 1000 dollar coupon. We ordered our car early Feb and the car was to be delivered to the dealership on the 24th of March. I got a e-mail from Subaru with the offer of 1000 dollar discount and 0% financing on the 3rd of March. My guess was since this was my first Subaru they are sweetening the deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the Outback forum they said if you do the build a car option on Subaru's website all the way to where you pick the dealer to price it, you'll get a $1000 coupon emailed to you. I emailed SOA about this and they said they sent me one, but I didn't get it. If I was more serious about purchasing I could get them to resend it. They'll try to say you can't combine it, but the Outback forum says a bunch of them did it. I also have a Chase $750 coupon that got extended for a couple of months. Also have a loyalty coupon. If they combined would be a nice 2250. My issue is my 07 and 12 run so good, I can't convince myself to give them up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay confirmed! I did a build last night (Thursday) received the email with the $1000 coupon today (Friday). In the MSRP thread, someone said they combined it with the loyalty coupon. The loyalty coupon explicitly says it "can be combined with any other offers." In the footnotes of the email for the $1000 coupon, it says "Cannot be combined with any other Subaru coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer." Soooo which is it?!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Okay confirmed! I did a build last night (Thursday) received the email with the $1000 coupon today (Friday). In the MSRP thread, someone said they combined it with the loyalty coupon. The loyalty coupon explicitly says it "can be combined with any other offers." In the footnotes of the email for the $1000 coupon, it says "Cannot be combined with any other Subaru coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer." Soooo which is it?!
I assume 0% financing can still be used? Maybe the dealer made an error in allowing the combined discount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
0% financing can be used. My dealer did it and said that is not an issue at all. In fact the e-mail from Subaru states that you can combine it with 0% financing

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
0% financing can be used. My dealer did it and said that is not an issue at all. In fact the e-mail from Subaru states that you can combine it with 0% financing
I read some Subaru dealer is discounting both 2019 and 2020 $3500 - $4000 off MSRP. If you then take off $1000 and then consider the 0% you are in good shape for a new vehicle at a great value. You will need to take one out of lot inventory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did a build Sunday night with dealer emailed price, but still no email from Subaru for a $1000 check. Not sure if I should wait any longer or go ahead and buy at this point.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My philosophy in life is to not close off opportunities before their time. You simply call them, explain the situation, tell them you read in the forum that other buyers were offered this $1000 coupon when building and ordering the vehicle on-line and ask them for the $1000 coupon. The worse that occurs is that they turn you down. In that case you are not in any worse position you are now. At best you have $1000 more in your wallet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
see my post under yours. I forgot to hit reply to your post.
Couldn't get through to SOA yesterday as the automated message was having technical difficulties, but called now and said they would send me another $500 loyalty coupon. He also mentioned even if I got the $1000 coupon that it couldn't be combined anyhow. Although I did see some people successfully combining them. The only other coupon I noticed some people getting is the Chase coupon which I don't know if that's still available.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did a build Sunday night with dealer emailed price, but still no email from Subaru for a $1000 check. Not sure if I should wait any longer or go ahead and buy at this point.
I did mine Saturday night. My wife did one Sunday afternoon. Both of us got ours at about the same time on Monday afternoon. I have heard of other people getting theirs in 24-48 hours. One person on a forum seemed to suggest that it took close to a week.

I have heard that it can be stacked with the Chase coupon. I just found out about that one, and I found a link to take me to a Chase site to verify eligibility (which I passed), but when it takes you to a Subaru site for the actual coupon it says it's no longer available. I have heard they extended the expiration past March 31st, but I guess you needed to have already had a coupon. I'm thinking of calling SOA and just asking... not sure how far I'll get. Hoping to make my purchase tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did mine Saturday night. My wife did one Sunday afternoon. Both of us got ours at about the same time on Monday afternoon. I have heard of other people getting theirs in 24-48 hours. One person on a forum seemed to suggest that it took close to a week.

I have heard that it can be stacked with the Chase coupon. I just found out about that one, and I found a link to take me to a Chase site to verify eligibility (which I passed), but when it takes you to a Subaru site for the actual coupon it says it's no longer available. I have heard they extended the expiration past March 31st, but I guess you needed to have already had a coupon. I'm thinking of calling SOA and just asking... not sure how far I'll get. Hoping to make my purchase tomorrow.
Let me know how you make out with getting a chase coupon. I'm going to try calling Chase because I also have other questions and see what they say. I hung up after on hold for an hour yesterday though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let me know how you make out with getting a chase coupon. I'm going to try calling Chase because I also have other questions and see what they say. I hung up after on hold for an hour yesterday though.
I called SoA and she wasn't familiar with the Chase coupon and directed me to call Chase at the Subaru Finance department. I talked to someone there who transferred me to a different department and the transfer didn't go through and it hung up. I think it's a long shot to get a Chase coupon at this point. It seems they may have extended the expiration date but only for those who already had one.

When I was on the phone with SoA customer service she was able to see I have the pending unredeemed $1,000 coupon. All she needed was my last name and zip.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Couldn't get through to SOA yesterday as the automated message was having technical difficulties, but called now and said they would send me another $500 loyalty coupon. He also mentioned even if I got the $1000 coupon that it couldn't be combined anyhow. Although I did see some people successfully combining them. The only other coupon I noticed some people getting is the Chase coupon which I don't know if that's still available.
Correct, can not combine, but you can use $1000 coupon and 0% financing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried to stack the 1000 coupon, and the 500 loyalty coupon, and the Subaru VIP program (donation to charity) to get 2 percent below dealer invoice? Ready to buy today if this can be done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone tried to stack the 1000 coupon, and the 500 loyalty coupon, and the Subaru VIP program (donation to charity) to get 2 percent below dealer invoice? Ready to buy today if this can be done.
I bought yesterday and I used 2 $500 loyalty coupons SOA gave me because I called twice and asked about the $1000 coupon I never got. But I guess they weren't suppose to do that. I had to call back because the dealer had a hard time, but they in the end allowed it. So in total I got $1000 off and used the VIP, but the dealer took more off than just VIP. Not sure if he was suppose to take the coupons since VIP certificate says you can't use them.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts