Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like Subaru has just announced this today, March 3rd 2020 :

"Now through March 31, 2020 get 0% APR Financing on all new 2020 Ascent Models."
Runs through March 31st 2020
Subaru.com 0% financing on 2020 Ascents

I wonder if this will get extended just like the 0.9% rate did as that started in late November 2019 and has lasted until 3/2/2020

Good deal for those who, like us, were just looking....but now may be buying!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I wonder if this will get extended just like the 0.9% rate did as that started in late November 2019 and has lasted until 3/2/2020

Good deal for those who, like us, were just looking....but now may be buying!
We won't find this out until the first of next month, when they drop April's rates.

Keep in mind the 0% is (a) qualified buyers only and (b) limited term - meaning 48 months or less. The rates are higher for 60 and 72 months.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We won't find this out until the first of next month, when they drop April's rates.

Keep in mind the 0% is (a) qualified buyers only and (b) limited term - meaning 48 months or less. The rates are higher for 60 and 72 months.
Carl - thanks for the info.. good to know.
So "limited term" means 48 or less months... thats fine...

I remember in 2017, the 0% went on for months and months... we got our Outback that way and this does seem to be a good time to buy the Ascent now also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great deal! Wish it would have been around for my February deliver ?
I was about to give in on the 0.9% also - but to be honest between the 0.9% and the 0% , there isnt really that much of a difference...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was about to give in on the 0.9% also - but to be honest between the 0.9% and the 0% , there isnt really that much of a difference...
Nothing to fret about, but still ~$800 that could have be spent elsewhere! Regardless, I’m loving the Ascent so far. Good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing to fret about, but still ~$800 that could have be spent elsewhere! Regardless, I’m loving the Ascent so far. Good luck on your purchase!
Dont get me wrong - money is money and everything counts... we all know that, especially when we are working with the dealers...
I just meant that for my case, i was going to be putting down a larger down payment (been saving up) and the difference was lower in my case.
I still "fight" for every penny when getting that price down.

And... if we continuously wait for the next best thing or next best deal - we just dont get to enjoy it.

Which Ascent model did you get? how do you like it? I have yet to test drive one - just dread going into dealer lots so i do my bartering via email and narrow the field that way... and Sunday's are our time to go look at the vehicles in stealth mode :) Test drive will be soon i hope - sat in a Touring and initial thought was it was a hard seat but then i sat in my better half's Outback Limited and found it very close... so that test drive is the only thing to be get done now.

Reactions: Davemillard

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I paid cash for my Ascent in August, which means I'm not currently losing any of that money in the stock market. So that's kind of better than 0%, right? maybe? I mean if I had a zero percent loan and that money was still it the market, I probably would have lost at least 10% by now.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
392 Posts
I remember in 2017, the 0% went on for months and months... we got our Outback that way and this does seem to be a good time to buy the Ascent now also.
Same here, just want to get that Outback paid off first. 6 months to go...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I just noticed on a dealer's website they have the 0% in addition to delaying the first payment by up to 6 months. I have a 2019 Ascent, my teen son, in 2019 bought a 2018 used Impreza and my wife is now interested in a 2020 Forester (she is driving a 270,000 mile Taurus -still going strong, but do not want to push our luck and miss a deal). Prior to the Ascent, none of us had even driven a Subaru.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,854 Posts
packout, your spouse will enjoy the new Forester. Professor Dr SWMBO just moved into a MY20 Forester Limited from the MY16 Outback Limited with Eyesight two months ago and it's like a "mini-Ascent" in so many ways. BTW, the dove grey interior is da bomb...I wish I had that in my Ascent Touring!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just noticed on a dealer's website they have the 0% in addition to delaying the first payment by up to 6 months.
I thought the deferral was 90 days only? packout can you confirm they are giving you 6 months? This is the first time I've heard of a 6 month deferral. Thx

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I thought the deferral was 90 days only? packout can you confirm they are giving you 6 months? This is the first time I've heard of a 6 month deferral. Thx
I read it yesterday on a Subaru site while browsing on my phone (I thought it was on an autonation site). I have not been able to find it again :(. I did find the detail of the 90 day offer which of course has its own fine print. I will keep looking because it initiated the conversation with my wife on when to buy. I didn't think so, but maybe I just didn't notice that I was reading off a Canadian site.

I just found the 120 day deferral for Canada & here

Normally a deferred payment option is not always that great since interest continues to load up, but in this case the interest is 0% so if you qualify there is no downside.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah Canada is very different. We don't get the 0%.. in fact no deals on interest rates at all from any manufacturer. We get the 120 day deferral but not all manufacturers follow this. Also it's very hard to buy a Subaru for less than MSRP. We do get the the loyalty discount of $500. It's disappointing in Canada for sure. We should be following what you folks in the USA are doing.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Yeah Canada is very different. We don't get the 0%.. in fact no deals on interest rates at all from any manufacturer. We get the 120 day deferral but not all manufacturers follow this. Also it's very hard to buy a Subaru for less than MSRP. We do get the the loyalty discount of $500. It's disappointing in Canada for sure. We should be following what you folks in the USA are doing.
My family will probably be buying another Subaru this year but trying to figure out the best timing. We may wait a few months.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,111 Posts
Took delivery of Ascent Touring on 5/1/20. Did all the paperwork on April 30th in order to get the 0% for 63 months. Salesman said today that 0% was extended through May. Figured that was happening but didn't want to lose the "free money" so pulled the trigger. 0% isn't really free because you give up a $1500 rebate to get it. Still, it's a lot easier to stomach writing monthly checks for $700 rather than one check for almost $47000.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Took delivery of Ascent Touring on 5/1/20. Did all the paperwork on April 30th in order to get the 0% for 63 months. Salesman said today that 0% was extended through May. Figured that was happening but didn't want to lose the "free money" so pulled the trigger. 0% isn't really free because you give up a $1500 rebate to get it. Still, it's a lot easier to stomach writing monthly checks for $700 rather than one check for almost $47000.
You can still use the Subaru coupons with the 0%, so I am not clear what rebates you refer to.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,111 Posts
You can still use the Subaru coupons with the 0%, so I am not clear what rebates you refer to.
There was a $1500 rebate form that I signed over to the dealer so they would use it against the cost until I said I want the 0%. The form said it couldn't be used with 0% and the $1500 was added back.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts