Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
Doing a little research tonight and found out that Subaru is offering 0.9% interest on the Ascent. From 11/14/2019 to 12/02/2019
Not just that, but, they are also donating $250 to one of four great charities for every car sold from November 14th, 2019 through January 2nd, 2020.

• Today kicks off the 2019 Subaru Share the Love® Event! Subaru will donate $250 for every Subaru vehicle purchased or leased to our national charities, ASPCA®, Make-A-Wish®, Meal on Wheels and the National Park Foundation. Over the past 11 years, Subaru and its retailers have raised over $145 million for both national and Hometown Charities through the Subaru Share the Love Event.

Learn more: Subaru.com/share.
    #ShareTheLove
ASPCA, Make-A-Wish America, Meals on Wheels America, National Park Foundation

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad I saw this. I was hoping to pick up a Subaru this week. And I just got pre approved from a credit Union, but this is a better rate. Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just placed an order last week with delivery estimate in Jan.
When should I discuss about financing with the dealer to take advantage of this rate? Should I talk now or when I pick it up in Jan?
So far, we only agreed on the purchase price and haven’t discussed at all about financing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just placed an order last week with delivery estimate in Jan.
When should I discuss about financing with the dealer to take advantage of this rate? Should I talk now or when I pick it up in Jan?
So far, we only agreed on the purchase price and haven’t discussed at all about financing.
The discounted interest ends December 2nd. If your Ascent isn't going to show up until January, I don't think you are going to be able to capitalize on the rate. Maybe the dealer could write up, but the VIN won't show it through customs yet, so I don't know.
Ask your dealer now. Maybe he can find a vehicle that meets your needs and have it shipped to his dealership before the Dec 2nd cut off date.

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
The discounted interest ends December 2nd. If your Ascent isn't going to show up until January, I don't think you are going to be able to capitalize on the rate. Maybe the dealer could write up, but the VIN won't show it through customs yet, so I don't know.
Ask your dealer now. Maybe he can find a vehicle that meets your needs and have it shipped to his dealership before the Dec 2nd cut off date.
Other than the TR690 CVT (which ships from Japan), the Ascent is cut from massive rolls of sheet metal, stamped, welded and built here in Lafayette, Indiana. While there is a "foreign port" in Indiana that it gets "delivered" through, the VIN will be assigned as soon as the car order is in build process, since most Ascents are built for customer orders.

So, a VIN may be weeks away. I don't know if that helps for financing (probably doesn't, since the actual purchase is completed at delivery).

The dealership may be able to work with Chase to extend the offer, but that's definitely not guaranteed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do these low finance rates typically end at the specified date (Dec 2 in this case) or do they get extended?
I'm sure it's impossible to say what'll happen for this particular one, but just curious how it's typically been in the past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Other than the TR690 CVT (which ships from Japan), the Ascent is cut from massive rolls of sheet metal, stamped, welded and built here in Lafayette, Indiana. While there is a "foreign port" in Indiana that it gets "delivered" through, the VIN will be assigned as soon as the car order is in build process, since most Ascents are built for customer orders.

So, a VIN may be weeks away. I don't know if that helps for financing (probably doesn't, since the actual purchase is completed at delivery).

The dealership may be able to work with Chase to extend the offer, but that's definitely not guaranteed.
Darn it! I take delivery on 12/18, so my SA says. I was hoping to take advantage of this rate. I wonder if I have any recourse since I was originally quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery from my date of order (10/12); which would've put me within the window even at the latest 8 week mark.

Edit* - Actually just double checked and the 8 week mark would put me at 5 days after the promo rate ends :mad:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Darn it! I take delivery on 12/18, so my SA says. I was hoping to take advantage of this rate. I wonder if I have any recourse since I was originally quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery from my date of order (10/12); which would've put me within the window even at the latest 8 week mark.

Edit* - Actually just double checked and the 8 week mark would put me at 5 days after the promo rate ends :mad:
I'd call my salesman right away and let him know you may just decide to get a car that is in inventory at his or another dealership if he's not able to guarantee they low financing. I'd suggest to him the interest rate between 2.9% for 48 months on $40,000 (or what ever your final finance amount will be) and 0.9$ is $XXX.XX number of dollars and you'd be just as happy with a reduction in final price as you would a low interest rate.
Believe me, he's making money on this deal or he wouldn't have agreed to sell the car at the price agreed upon.
Good luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd call my salesman right away and let him know you may just decide to get a car that is in inventory at his or another dealership if he's not able to guarantee they low financing. I'd suggest to him the interest rate between 2.9% for 48 months on $40,000 (or what ever your final finance amount will be) and 0.9$ is $XXX.XX number of dollars and you'd be just as happy with a reduction in final price as you would a low interest rate.
Believe me, he's making money on this deal or he wouldn't have agreed to sell the car at the price agreed upon.
Good luck!!
To be honest, I'm not sure my SA would really care whether I bought one from his inventory or just waited for my order to arrive. Not to mention, I negotiated what I believe was a pretty decent price on a Touring (about 9.5% under MSRP before my $500 ambassador coupon) and to threaten to take my business elsewhere might backfire on me at this point.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The difference between 2.9% for 48 months on $40,000 and 0.9% is $1,674

You obviously were willing to buy the car at the higher interest rate when you negotiated the deal, don't let some dangled carrot cloud that decision. Either it's worth $1,674 savings to take another car in inventory or it's worth the extra $1,674 to get the car you ordered.
Works out to $35 a month over 48 months. About a buck a day. There are lots of ways to rationalize the savings or the outlay either way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The difference between 2.9% for 48 months on $40,000 and 0.9% is $1,674

You obviously were willing to buy the car at the higher interest rate when you negotiated the deal, don't let some dangled carrot cloud that decision. Either it's worth $1,674 savings to take another car in inventory or it's worth the extra $1,674 to get the car you ordered.
Works out to $35 a month over 48 months. About a buck a day. There are lots of ways to rationalize the savings or the outlay either way.
Yeah you're right, way to put things into perspective. I was willing at the time because no other dealer was able to offer a better deal; not to mention I had already sold my car since I got a pretty good offer and was already set on getting an SUV. I'm currently carless and about 5 weeks out from my original order date; I might as well bite the bullet and stick with my order. Crossing fingers they extend the offer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was at the negotiating table THE MOMENT when the sales manager saw the .9 financing announced.
I was literally about 2 minutes from signing on 2.9, then after their like 6th counter-offer on the warranty portion, they came back with the lower rate, lol. Talk about a close one!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts