Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ice Silver Premium 8 passenger 26,700 mi
13 Posts
I have a middle bench. From left to right in the middle
Row was rear car seat, 13yo, high-back booster. Rear row had 2 11yo’s.
I salute your packing skills! There is no way I could fit 5 kids, especially some 'little' ones, plus gear in our Ascent(premium bench like yours) even with our Thule car top carrier. We would probably have ended up with a Suburban size vehicle.

We have two teenage daughters and we really loved the 3 Foresters we have had since they were born. The Ascent is great because now we can take other people as well. Kids' friends to the mall or sports and occasionally extended family members to dinner/events.

·
Registered
2020 Ice Silver Premium 8 passenger 26,700 mi
13 Posts
Funny you said suburban sized vehicle. That’s the nearest competitor to the Ascent as far as I’m concerned in regard to ulitily and cargo space. My wife is keeping an eye open for something that size because her Kia Sorento just doesn’t compare!

The fact that we reserved a ”yurt” that included bedding really helped with the packing. Had I needed to include a tent and sleeping bags the kids would have been really uncomfortable having those in their laps for 2 hours! 😂
The Ascent is great because, to me, it does not feels huge when you drive it yet it hold quite a bit. Works just as good in the tight spaces of NJ mall parking lots as the dirt paths into the woods.

Would not want to gas up a Suburban with today's prices!! Yikes.

How was the 'yurt'? I have only seen them on tv or youtube. My wife loves going into the woods, just not STAYING in the woods so traditional tent camping has always been a no go. If I could promise her a bed with clean sheets at the end of the day... I might have a winner. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts