Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I experienced my first major glitch with the infotainment system (we bought our Ascent in Feb). When I turned on the car, the display screen was switching between showing the apps, and showing a message that reads ‘telemetrics service in progress.’ In addition, it makes a clicking noise as it continually shifts between those two screens. I’ve tried to reboot by holding down the power button for several seconds, but it just reboots to the same issue. I will call the dealer first thing tomorrow morning (of course this happened when the dealerships are closed for the weekend!), but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this or had suggestions. It would be frustrating enough to have the system frozen on that message...but the screen is continually switching and clicking with no way to shut it down. At least, nothing I have tried so far has worked.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
815 Posts
Yes, I've seen this. It happened the first time I started my Accent after the battery was discharged from the rear gate being left open all night long.

Unfortunately, I don't remember how I fixed it. Maybe a reboot, maybe I hit the voice command button to interrupt it, maybe I just let it go on till it quit.

I remember that stopping and starting the Ascent didn't fix it.

Sorry I can't be of more help...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! It was helpful just to know it had happened to someone else and was resolved. After trying many unsuccessful fixes over the weekend, the system gradually returned to normal this morning on it’s own. I’m not sure if it’s because I had the car running longer, or because I had my phone connected and using google maps...or if it was just coincidental (the most likely answer ?). Hopefully it stays working for a while, because I can’t get into the dealership for a diagnostic until July 9th!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts