Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Not a Subaru owner yet but the Ascent may be my first!

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  R P 
#1 ·
Just joined this forum. I'm a Honda loyalist but waiting anxiously for the Ascent which is a worthy contender to the Honda Pilot which I'm seriously considering. Just counting the months.

#3 ·
I'm partial to Honda and Toyota. Space for 3rd row seating is a must so that ruled out the Highlander. I stumbled upon the Ascent and Atlas. Not too enamored by the dated looks of the Atlas but the Subaru is nice. Looking forward to its debut!

#5 ·
From the pics and videos, I hope the styling stays as close as possible to concept. It's almost perfect. I would call it athletic and modern. Keep the panoramic roof, screen on the rear centre console, elements of the "leather" look interior on the centre console and door panels but not so much on the dash. Would love to see integrated crossbars as in the Outback. Lose the electronic gear selector (give me a normal stick), window/lock buttons should be toggle, not screen. I'm also a little worried that the engine might not be adequate for this size of vehicle. Time will tell.

#6 ·
Engine is going to be a big thing as nothing has been confirmed yet. Power numbers have only been speculated which is a bit worrisome. Subaru has been pretty good in regards to power so far though so we should be alright?

The features you listed out are very key though so that was a great list. I, much like yourself, wish that the window and lock buttons be toggle. There are certain things that should be left alone and those are definitely a few.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.