Just for family hauling? - Subaru Ascent Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Just for family hauling?

I know a lot of us are going for the Subaru Ascent for being the ultimate family hauler, it'll have the great AWD Subaru is known to deliver and it should have some degree of luxury (hopefully)

But for what other reasons would people be utilizing their Ascent for?
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 09:51 PM

It's on my bucket list and who knows when I'll get around to it, but the Ascent would be perfect for a cross country road trip. LArge and comfortable with plenty of cargo space and souvenirs.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Never thought about that but it would be pretty cool to fit a mattress in the rear with the seats folded down. I can imagine it would be extremely comfortable with enough stretch room!
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:07 PM

Me and a few friends keep an active lifestyle by playing a few sports that often take a bit of traveling and equipment. I'm also good with my hands so frequent trips to the hardware store for materials and tools is another one.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Would you be looking into getting roof racks for taking additional sporting equipment and what not? My theory when travelling with cargo is trying to keep as much interior space for a comfortable drive. Once all the passengers are comfy, then it's all good.

Another thing is for when I have to go to Ikea or something, being able to fit those big boxes in the rear would be great.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
It's on my bucket list and who knows when I'll get around to it, but the Ascent would be perfect for a cross country road trip. LArge and comfortable with plenty of cargo space and souvenirs.
Same, I feel like the Forester I have is the bare minimum cargo space to make me happy. So Subaru offering something a bit bigger with 3-row seats is great!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

The Forester theoretically would have more cargo space than the Ascent would IF you were utilizing all three-rows of seating though wouldn't it? Until you dropped the third-row down, then you would have a boat ton of space.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki View Post
Same, I feel like the Forester I have is the bare minimum cargo space to make me happy. So Subaru offering something a bit bigger with 3-row seats is great!
If that's really the case for cargo space then you can consider getting a roof rack or a hitch mounted lockable box. Rarely are there people that will fill up a Forester all the time so I think you should be good with that combination.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Hitch mounted boxes could be a little more work to deal with, but a roof rack with a cargo box could be a really good bet. They're lockable, and can store quite a bit. Thule has a Horizon Roof Cargo Box that has a volume of 18 cubic feet. That's a ton of volume.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:14 PM

If you're able to swing the box away and have full access to the rear hatch, then what's the issue?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page