Subaru Ascent Concept Review - Subaru Ascent Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Subaru Ascent Concept Review

Here's a review of the Subaru Ascent Concept by Cars.com

Can't really tell if they like it or not as they say the interior is quite conceptual. The video really isn't much of a review but it's a great look around and a bit of explanation.

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 11:55 AM

They say it's close to what the production model will look like, but the front facia will most likely look a lot more toned down with smaller headlight LED surround and maybe a few less ridges. Just hope they don't do to the Ascent what they did to the WRX, the production just looks sad compared to the concept.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 06:23 PM

The overall shape of things will stick, that's a fact, but what's included like those high end lighting systems, won't. It's always like this. They'll show laser headlights or something crazy, but offer halogen and LED lights.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

They definitely always go beyond with their headlight designs lol. Point in reference, the Subaru WRX concept that looked absolutely phenomenal.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobaRoo View Post
They definitely always go beyond with their headlight designs lol. Point in reference, the Subaru WRX concept that looked absolutely phenomenal.

That picture doesn't do Subaru's headlight design any justice.

This picture of a similar design on the Forester serves it up well!

I just wish this time around there's more attention to detail. We're paying more, we should get more.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

I agree we should get more and I'm still waiting for Subaru to come out with full-LED integrated headlight designs like Honda is putting out now. There is no denying, that is the future of headlight designs and we can see multiple vehicles that have gone that route.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobaRoo View Post
I agree we should get more and I'm still waiting for Subaru to come out with full-LED integrated headlight designs like Honda is putting out now. There is no denying, that is the future of headlight designs and we can see multiple vehicles that have gone that route.

The Ascent seems to be an indication that Subaru wants to target premium segments and give the brand more of a premium feel. So down the line we could see more luxury-like features. Too bad this won't lead into Subaru creating a luxury sister brand.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

I'm not too sure if they really need one though. They've been doing well without one and it just seems unnecessary. Would be interesting to see what they would come out with though.

As it is though, I'm content. Just want a bit more, but it doesn't bother me at all.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 PM

A luxury sister branch could splinter the Subaru lineup too much. Nothing wrong with a Subaru vehicle that has a premium feel and better design. They can just call it the Ascent Lux or something like that.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

I think it would end up just being the Ascent Touring model which, they're Touring models typically get the most interior features and what not.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page