Expected Subaru Ascent Pricing - Subaru Ascent Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Expected Subaru Ascent Pricing

The speculated price on the Subaru Ascent has been seen to be around $35,000 base price and up to $50,000 fully loaded. This information is based on pricing from the competition like the Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, and the Nissan Pathfinder.

That would land it as the highest base priced vehicle on Subarus lineup, excluding the STI, and a base price that is nearly the same cost as the starting for the top tier Outback (3.6R Touring) and the top tier Forester (2.0XT Touring).

What pricing are you guys expecting as these are all just speculated.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:40 AM

I was more expecting an entry level price of around $30,000. That number has been mentioned a few time in publications and make it more competitive with its rivals.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

That is true, the Pathfinder starts at roughly $30k and the Explorer around the $32k mark. An extra $3k wouldn't be that bad IF it came with more standard than the competition does in my opinion. It all essentially comes down to value when looking at competitors and a big thing (not the only thing) is how much each comes with in reference to the dollar value that you're spending.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobaRoo View Post
That is true, the Pathfinder starts at roughly $30k and the Explorer around the $32k mark. An extra $3k wouldn't be that bad IF it came with more standard than the competition does in my opinion. It all essentially comes down to value when looking at competitors and a big thing (not the only thing) is how much each comes with in reference to the dollar value that you're spending.
This pricing is perfectly in proportion to how Subaru's are usually priced compared to their Japanese rivals. Toyota is one of the brands that get as high in price like Subaru's. Its probably why you don't see as many Subaru's, people are discouraged from price alone
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

When you're searching around these lower priced vehicles, a lot of people do find small amounts of money like 2-5k to be a big difference and a deciding factor for them unlike the higher $50k+ priced SUVs.

Personally for me, I'll happily spend an extra $3k to get a better product or to get more from a product.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:18 AM

Base price should be very high 20k to low 30k and a totally decked out one low 40k maybe a tiny bit more. You start getting closer and closer to 50k and that is a totally different SUV luxury market, Subaru can't compete with that specifically their interior. I would definitely not pay much more than 40K.

For reference: 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring fully loaded (Everything) was around 37K after discount.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

How much was the discount in this situation though?

I do agree with you, but based on that pricing, our concept model that we keep oogling at is going to get really toned down.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki View Post
Base price should be very high 20k to low 30k and a totally decked out one low 40k maybe a tiny bit more. You start getting closer and closer to 50k and that is a totally different SUV luxury market, Subaru can't compete with that specifically their interior. I would definitely not pay much more than 40K.

For reference: 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring fully loaded (Everything) was around 37K after discount.
Unless maybe we see them introduce things that make this a boardline luxury vehicle, sort of like the Chevy Tahoe but Subaru's version. It has long been said that they could use a luxury division.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 PM

If a good deal is what you're looking for and you're patient, then those end of the year sales could make the Ascent a lot more affordable. Those boxing day and christmas sales are plastered everywhere around the holiday season and even better if you can get an older model year Ascent.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

There's that, or if they have a demo on the showroom floor, you can get a good discount from that as well. Or a demo vehicle that they've used for test drives, you'd get an uber discount and it's essentially still brand new as it hasn't gone through daily errand runs and hasn't been abused.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page